The closing date for these is next Monday 12th September (entry here on their site – click on the relevant category on the left of that page to see online entry form).
The Why Bother is answered by them:
- Our media partner, The Irish Times, will announce and profile all 18 shortlisted companies in early November.
- Following the announcement of the overall category winners, at the Brand Forum End of Year Event on 22 November at Trinity College Dublin, they will feature in a two page feature in The Irish Times newspaper.
- A short video interview with each of the 18 shortlisted companies will feature on the Bord Bia website.
So that is clear enough – this is about publicity in the mainstream media = increased sales (if distribution is in place). To take advantage of the shortlisting (and the award winning if you are that good) make sure you have your stockists listed on your website and also actively promote the shortlisting and the other companies listed on your Facebook and Twitter accounts (assuming you have them).
Categories (you can enter more than one)
- The Exporting Award
- The Branding Award
- The Innovation Award
- The Entrepreneurial Award
- The Domestic Success Award
- The Sustainability Award
I am looking forward to seeing the shortlist. Once again – details here on Bord Bia site.